Tuesday 26 May 2015

Shaping Up

I love the poem "The Weaver" which talks about the way God is fashioning our lives yet we don't always see the pattern He is creating. It's just as true that He has a plan in the moments we don't see His reasoning as it is in the moments that we do. However, I feel really privileged to have been catching glimpses lately of the pattern that is taking shape and realising that it's my favourite. It's a wonderful thing to do things by faith and take that step into the dark, but an even sweeter one to have taken the step and then see that the path has moved in front of you and things are good, better or even best on the square you've moved to.

Recent wonderful, uplifting things that have made me feel so positively about life even when I don't have all the answers include the affectionately named "OSGO"- to you and me that is "Our Story Goes On". It's a musical performance that is part of the whole Nauvoo pageant experience. The core cast usually perform it on Sunday evening at Nauvoo as a thank-you to the people of Nauvoo and a way of expressing some of the values of our faith. Being part of a family where enthusiasm for the dramatic arts abounds, I often get to play 'roadie' or just 'fan'. What I lack in on-stage ability I make up for in support and enthusiasm. I can clap pretty loud.

Plus, I can support other people who look after cute babies like Alice!


I clapped. I laughed and I cried as this talented bunch guided the audience through stories of the delights and anguish of growing up, finding your feet in the world, meeting a partner, having a family, getting older and leaving this life to return to those in our families who have gone before.

It was a sweet experience. Everyone involved was just so amazingly talented and, even more than that, they were completely sincere in trying to help the audience feel and think and know.






The performance was in Rhyl, which is in an amazingly beautiful part of Wales. On bank holiday Monday we spent the day walking part of Offa's dyke. Getting out into nature was such an amazing alternate way of reflecting and feeling alive. I love going for walks. Especially when there's nice weather and beautiful surroundings!



It was a great weekend.

I'm loving the sunshine (when it's here) - we spend most of our weekends outside and it is THE BEST! I think maybe my enthusiasm is a bit too obvious.... so here's a quote I recently read and loved by Simon Pegg:

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."

I love this!!!

We've had other lovely outdoors weekend outings including a trip with my parents to Brockhampton, which is just about as deliciously English as it gets. Including a two-person swing-seat hung from a blossoming tree. It was totally up the street of a hopeless romantic like me!

Plus, there was an activity-strewn nature walk where Dad & Ben got to be big-kids and show off their manly prowess.



It was lots of fun.


This weekend we, again, got to do some lovely outdoorsy things. We went to Gunby Hall with Ben's Mom and Dad and played a spot of croquette. We were hilariously bad at it. Hmm... who am I kidding? I was the one who was particularly poor at it!

I also had a 'first' experience. I went to Skegness for the first time! From the wonders of the National Trust and the beauties of the english countryside to the... 'Skeg'-ness of Skegness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!