Tuesday 18 September 2012

One Year Older!



 Twenty-Three. And Two Days. And I still don't feel any different than I did when I was sixteen! Though, fortunately for my parents, I think I probably behave slightly differently. 

Well it's kind of a strange thing having a birthday when for the last twenty-two of them you've celebrated in pretty much the same way and with the same people. My very understanding of the concept of a 'birthday' has been formed by the way my parents have always taken care to make a fuss. I loved that about my home and I guess it was nerve-wracking to see how it was going to work now that I'm part of a new family. 

I really didn't have to worry. 

Ben arranged for us to go 'away' for the weekend. I was aware of the idea but I didn't know until the day before where we'd be going or what the plan was. We found ourselves staying in Herefordshire, near Ross-on-Wye, in a lovely B&B run by really fabulous people. Recommended: Green Whale Tump! 
Fortunately for us we were only a 90 minute drive away from home yet neither of us had ever really been to the area. So, it was a pretty fantastic choice by my darling husband. (Pictured here: 'Lost').

I could just go on and on about the weekend, my presents and the lovely food we ate at The Millrace. We took lots of pictures, so here some of them are, with my comments!
 
Ready for the walk... but pointing in the wrong direction.
The view from Coppet Hill
The hero of the hour
...and his Mrs

Kerne Bridge

View

...and another :)

:)

View from Coppet Hill of Goodrich Cross

The Folly



I may be growing up but I'm not sure he is...


Welsh Bicknor

A FROG!

At Berrington Hall where we learned about servant life and found out where the phrase "passing the buck" comes from

My Birthday Present

Heaven.

LOST AGAIN

My Birthday- in Hampton Court Castle Gardens


Hampton Court Castle... my birthday present...?

Re-enactment day...!

Executioner just chilling.

Getting back to my roots!
We were seriously tickled to watch this all going on.


In the Courtyard. Harriet aged 23.

I'm not sure there's a caption adequate for this picture...




In the sunken garden behind the waterfall


...Mostly, it's just about spending time together. :)

Here's to many more birthdays spent with my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!