Tuesday 1 December 2015

Mundane and Incredible

I haven’t blogged for the past month. My last two posts were about fabulous trips – America and Scotland – so it’s no wonder that I can’t easily decide on the topic of another post. However, I love my life and even in the daily drudge incredible things happen.

Ben has found a profession he loves. He is involved in a programme called Teach First where he completes a PGCE in his first year of teaching. Which means he’s been completely thrown in at the deep end and now has the responsibility of the education of twenty-nine children aged between seven and eight years. Scary! It’s totally different to any other job he’s had before – he says he’s more physically tired than he’s ever been, but despite the challenges with the job he says he’s less emotionally numb than he was when working in sales.

For me, it means entertaining stories around the dinner table. It means I feel like we laugh together all the time. Being happy outside the home means he brings that joy into the home.

I’ve had the chance to finally work as a doctor in the area of medicine I want to build my career in. Completing four months in general practice as my first placement of foundation year two was high on my list of priorities and I was lucky to get the chance to do it. I’ve started the application now to one day become a General Practitioner. Work has been pretty fulfilling lately!

We’ve been busy and happy in other ways too – we went to Gillingham a couple of weekends ago to support the cast of Our Story Goes On as they rehearsed and performed. It was a great time spent with family and friends including staying with my lovely Aunt and Uncle. The performance, which looks at the journey of life and teaches the plan that God has for His children, was beautiful and inspiring.

Life is mundane. And it’s awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!