Tuesday 6 January 2015

The Reason is.... U

Every week on Monday nights Mormons around the world meet with their family to spend time together. We call it Family Home Evening or Family Night. There's even a song. I have to say that most Latter-Day Saint families don't sing the song or even know of its existence but being from the musically-inclined family I'm from, we did. Every week. We learned to conduct to that song!

Ben came up with an activity for Family Night this week (from a google-search - not a single original idea in this house!) that we thought we would share. Mostly because it was lovely and you might like to try it! 

The idea was to write the alphabet on a sheet of paper in a column:

A
B
C
D
E
etc 

and then I would write a word or phrase next to each letter that explained one thing about Ben that I love. He wrote a word or phrase on his paper with something about me that he loved. Cuteness ensued. As did made-up words (U is HARD!). 

Why not give it a go? 

We've put our lists below to show you how creative and ridiculous you can get!!! 






About Him                     About Her



A Attractive 
Adorable - especially when you're in your fluffy dressing gown! 

B Benopedia (You have a random database of facts that may not be wholly reliable, like wikipedia) 
Beautiful 

C Cheeky - it makes me laugh when you're cheeky. 
Cuddles!

D Dancing - I love it when you dance with me. 
Disney! I married into a Disney loving family and as a result know at least 700% more about Disney than I did 3 years ago! 

E Eyes - you have lovely eyes. 
Escape - to a different country once in a while. How fun is that?! 

F Funny
Funny - I love that we laugh at/with each other. 

G Great with kids
Gorgeous

H House Husband!
Hard-working 
(LOL!)

I Informative 
Intelligent

J Juvenile - when a serious moment isn't needed
Justice - a core value of yours. You want things to be just. 

K Kind
Kaleidoscope - life is like one of these with you. There are so many lovely colours. 

L Loo-bleacher 
Love the Youth 

M Map-head / Minion! 
Mother - you'll be a great Mum! 

N Nerdable - you're willing to nerd out with me. (e.g. Harry Potter Studios) 
New Life - an infinitely better wardrobe because of this place. You introduced me. 

O Obliging 
Obedient (to what is actually right) 

P Photographer/Photogenic
Pretty

Q Quirky 
Queen - you're my one; plus you like the Queen; plus you like Queen... the band. 

R Righteous Priesthood Holder
Resilient

S Sociable (and Seizure-free!) 
Sings - I love singing with you

T Talkative 
Thames in London, I'm so glad you love it there! 

U Unique - only child / "just like everybody else" / Universally likeable
Ubobalicious - a made-up word meaning that you put up pictures like Bob the Builder (handyman) 

V Very Patient
Values! 

W Well-traveled/World Traveler
Winner! You are the Winner! 

X X-ray vision - because you look like Superman! 
Xpeealidocious - I watched Mary Poppins for the first time with you. 

Y You. You're always yourself. 
Young! Still! 

Z "Zoon" to be Bread-winner
Zzzz you talk in your sleep and it's hilarious (e.g. "Scratch the Squirrel" / "Big Fat Meanie Man" / "There's a whole load of shh with your name on it!") 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!