Tuesday 22 April 2014

Interlude from Revision

Revision for exams has sort of sneaked its way into my life. At the moment my full-time job is revising for Medical School finals. It's six-days a week of at least twelve hours of study with few breaks. As you may imagine, chocolate started disappearing from my cupboards in bucket-loads and I was getting severely depleted (thank you, Easter traditions); only for me to realise that chocolate can precipitate migraines. Migraines set in thick and fast. But I haven't stopped eating because it's a health compromise I'm willing to make! I've decided that my body-shape and gym-habits can return once I've safely taken the exams. 

Life in the Institution for me seems to be on hold. I have officially taken a holiday from all domestic duties. With that in mind, you may imagine that my home must be an absolute state. Not so! Ben has taken off his Clark-Kent-style glasses and traded his suit for a blue-red-and-yellow get-up complete with external pants. Fortunately, I don't mean this literally. He is my hero right now, though. He's totally there - for blessings (when the chocolate-induced migraines get too much); for laughter (when I feel like crying); and to lend me his vision of me when I don't feel like I can achieve. 


Anyway, I have to stop musing and carry on with my learning. I hope any of you who are taking exams at the moment or getting ready for them have the best of luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!